I wanted to give you more details about our September Program. There are many ways to do the Rainbow Writing so I wanted you to see them all with hands on experience. These ladies have agreed to help demo these. We will have five tables set up and you can take turns going to each table and learning all of the different techniques.
- Sheryl Bracey: Parallel Pens with cartridges and Folded Pens with acrylic ink
- Carol Hall: Pentel Brush Pens
- Ruth Haskins: Pointed nib and gouache
- Lilo Regen: Broad edge pen, preferably a Speedball 0 or 1 nib and gouache
- Carol Savage: Water writing with pearlescent liquid acrylic inks and/or Dr. Martin’s concentrated watercolors
- Rose Wathen: Broad edge pen and acrylic inks
Please bring any of these pens, if you have them, though we will have some for you if you do not.
John Neal, from John Neal Bookseller, has offered to send our guild 30 copies of these two Bound and Lettered magazines. Both contain articles about Rainbow Writing. Depending upon the number attending in September you will take home one or both of these magazines. He is also offering a special deal for those who have never taken or has let their subscription lapse. You can get the four Volumes of #15 for $15. It is usually $26 for the four volumes. You can subscribe at the meeting; I will have subscription forms. (I had asked permission to copy one of the articles and he offered actual magazines and a great subscription rate instead!!) Since many of you wanted this program I hope you will enjoy it!!
Lettering kindly provided by Sheryl Bracey